"If you look like your passport photo, you're too ill to travel" - Will Kommen
Well, folks, my flight leaves in four hours and thirty-nine minutes and thankfully I look nothing like my passport photo. (Ask me about that story some time when you have a couple hours free).
I've decided that there is, in fact, no time in my schedule for jet-lag. So the plan is to overdose on gravol, sleep as much as possible on the plane, and immediately sight-see the town of Cirencester with Maria when I get in Friday afternoon. (She is under strict instructions not to let me sleep until the appropriate UK bedtime Friday night).
Maria has many things planned for me this weekend. Apparently my first introduction to English culture will be the church "barn dance" on Saturday night... doesn't sound too foreign to me... (except for churches allowing dancing!! haha).

4 Comments:
Laura, laura!! I'm so glad you have a blog!! Have an AMAZING time, I'm excited for you, a tad jealous, but mostly excited!! Have so much fun!!!
-Alexa
We watched your plane take off from the highway, Laura! We're praying for a comfortable flight and a wonderful reunion with your friends. We love you! Mom (and Dad)
I can't believe you're on your way to England...I am so incredibly jealous cuz all I have to look forward to is going to work in an hour to waitress...boo! Take good notes on your favourite places so you can help me plan my trip to Europe next year! Have a great time and if you run in to Prince William...put in a good work for me, haha
take care,
~Carianne
Hey there! YAY!! Your there! It is so crazy! To think... I should have been there with you! :( Oh well...NEXT time! (*haha*) Have an awesome time, I know you will! Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about everything you did!
*hugs*
Sandra
Post a Comment
<< Home